felix-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Fagerstrom <dani...@nada.kth.se>
Subject Re: Felix M2 Plugin feedback
Date Mon, 19 Sep 2005 17:55:32 GMT
Jeff McAffer wrote:
> Daniel Fagerstrom <danielf@nada.kth.se> wrote on 09/19/2005 05:11:12 AM:
>>Another question: how should we handle dependencies?
> All of this to illustrate that matching the compile-time structure to the
> runtime structure is quite important.

Now I remember that I have asked this before and that you answered:
> Yes. One of the design points we put in a couple of releases ago was an
> explicit separate State/Resolver API that tooling and installers can use
> to model and explore prospective configurations of bundles.  This is the
> exact resolver that the framework uses.  No claims that it is perfect but
> check out org.eclipse.osgi.service.resolver.  It covers many usecases.

I don't know enough about OSGi framework implementation to have any
opinion about the API. But it would IMO make sense to reuse the work
from Eclipse or cooperate with Eclipse on this.

If we where to use the org.eclipse.osgi.service.resolver APIs and your
implementation of it, is it possible to use standalone or does it
require large part of the Eclipse OSGi framework? Also it is not obvious
for me how to go from a couple of bundles and an implementation of the
State API to a classloader suited for compiling a bundle depending on
the bundles.

View raw message