felix-dev mailing list archives

From Enrique Rodriguez <enriqu...@gmail.com>
Subject Felix M2 Plugin feedback
Date Mon, 19 Sep 2005 01:50:20 GMT
Some feedback on the Felix M2 Plugin:

1)  I don't like having my bundles named with the '-bundle' appended.  I
am used to bundles being jars with nothing in the naming specifying
that.  Since the manifest attributes of normal jars and osgi jars don't
conflict, there is no harm generating a single jar that is usable as
both a non-osgi jar and a bundle.

2)  I couldn't figure out how to 'install' or 'deploy'.  Are these
features in there yet?

3)  I would prefer to compile and bundle in a single step.  With the
maven-osgi-bundle my most-used goal is 'maven -o clean osgi:install'
which would clean, compile, and install my bundle to my local repo.  I
then install or update in the framework directly out of the maven repo.

Of course if you note any of these issues as bugs/new features I'll be
sure to add them to JIRA.  I was pretty easily able to get started with
M2 and the Felix M2 Plugin and compile and bundle one of my projects.  I
think 'install' support is the main showstopper for me.

Enrique