felix-dev mailing list archives

From BJ Hargrave <hargr...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Mavenization
Date Fri, 26 Aug 2005 18:01:06 GMT
Well it is not just for optimization. It is necessary for a Framework impl
to customize the OSGi supplied AdminPermission and BundleSignerCondition
classes. This is  one of the reasons OSGi releases this code under an OSL.
Because we know that framework impls MUST modify this code to hook into
framework impl details.

There are other classes where customization is not necessary but will be
done for performance reasons. e.g FrameworkUtil.

So the felix framework impl and some of the org.osgi classes for the
framework will have a cyclic dependency and there will need to be part of
the same compile step (as has been done in Eclipse's framework).

BJ Hargrave
Senior Software Engineer, IBM
hargrave@us.ibm.com
Office: +1 407 849 9117 Mobile: +1 386 848 3788

"Alan D. Cabrera" <list@toolazydogs.com>
Please respond to
oscar-dev

oscar-dev@incubator.apache.org
cc

Subject
Re: Mavenization

Richard S. Hall wrote, On 8/26/2005 8:06 AM:

> The tricky part is that we will probably want these circular
> dependencies too, because this is done for optimization purposes.

This is an interesting claim that you make.  I would love to hear more
details on this.

Regards,
Alan