felix-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff McAffer <Jeff_McAf...@ca.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Oscar, please meet Eclipse
Date Thu, 04 Aug 2005 22:28:30 GMT
plugin == bundle.  In 3.1 all Eclipse plugins have normal MANIFEST.MF
files etc. and so are just normal bundles.  Some of these bundles MAY
happen to have additional files such as plugin.xml that are meant for
Eclipse-specific services but this is no different than say the structure
of the OSGi declarative services mechanism.

Note also that your list of scenarios does not include server-side.  The
Eclipse OSGi implementation (as I'm sure others) is being used on the
server as well.

Tom <ecl@gatewide.com>
08/04/2005 05:42 PM
Please respond to

Re: Oscar, please meet Eclipse

Thanks for your clarification, corrected my list:

(Just to make sure I understand correctly: eRPC is still the core
framework only, e.g. I can deploy an "embedded plugin" via eUpdate to an
eRCP device, but I can not deploy an OSGi bundle, right?)