felix-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff McAffer <Jeff_McAf...@ca.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Oscar, please meet Eclipse
Date Wed, 03 Aug 2005 21:46:03 GMT
"Richard S. Hall" <heavy@ungoverned.org> wrote on 08/03/2005 05:23:29 PM:

> Well, Oscar has existed for nearly five years now...we could have
> collaborated when Eclipse started to move to OSGi. ;-)

For the record, there was collaboration.  From the very beginning of the
Eclipse OSGi effort we talked with you and used Oscar in our prototypes.
The general consensus (and I believe it was mutual) was that Oscar was
intended as a research vehicle and at that time you were not interested in
a more widespread use as the base for Eclipse.

Jeff