felix-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: Oscar, please meet Eclipse
Date Tue, 02 Aug 2005 22:09:49 GMT

Cliff mentioned some of this to me at ApacheCon EU a couple of weeks ago.
I'm glad to see you here on the list.  :-)

> OSGi forms the basis of the Eclipse Rich Client Platform.
> we would be very interested in discussing how the Eclipse
> OSGi team and the Apache Oscar team can co-operate.

> We certainly agree with the stated goals of the Oscar project
> to focus on [creating] a unifying community around open source
> OSGi technology

> We feel that all of these goals could be greatly accelerated
> by working together rather than in parallel.

Although the ASF project is currently named "Oscar", it is (as I understand
it) intended to merge the existing Oscar and other OSGi projects.  If
Eclipse would be willing to contribute to the development of a unified OSGi
platform within the ASF, that could be one immediately viable approach.

	--- Noel

View raw message