felix-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: What about Felix for the name?
Date Mon, 08 Aug 2005 14:16:35 GMT
Two questions:

 (1) We'd need to do the trademark search
 (2) How does this address your previous comment:

       A descriptive name may lead to better search engine
       lookups and give users a more intuitive name to
       follow up on.

     This is the same issue that Sylvain noted.

The humor of going from Oscar (Madison) to Felix (Unger) is something that
only those of us from the appropriate culture and age to remember The Odd
Couple may perceive.

Some of us may even recall Felix the Cat.  Cat, as in "Container
ArchiTecture" or "Container Architecture Technology" (I prefer the first).

I have absolutely no idea of the IP status for Felix the Cat.  But if we did
go with Felix, that might be an interesting mascot.  We should also check
with David Geary (cc'd), since I did come across this reference:

  http://www.nofluffjuststuff.com/show_session_view.jsp?sessionId=401&showId
=16

where he appear to be using Felix to refer to some JSF thing.

OSIRIS, suggested by Francesco Furfari, would be another fine choice if he
is correct that the people using it would permit it.

	--- Noel

ref: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=felix+the+cat
     http://www.museum.tv/archives/etv/O/htmlO/oddcouplet/oddcouplet.htm