felix-dev mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <brett.por...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: mavenization
Date Fri, 26 Aug 2005 21:45:32 GMT
Hi Noel,

Do you have a reference for this? Interesting.

Anyway, I agree with the above point. It doesn't need to be an
either/or. Maven will generate a pretty decent ant build file for
compiling/testing/packaging and it isn't too onerous to use it for the
less frequent tasks. Of course, anyone that wants to use Ant is
welcome to maintain the build file too - there's no reason both can't
be there.

- Brett

> Martijn Dashorst wrote:
> > distribution is maven agnostic, though: we give the source,
> > the dependencies in a lib folder and a working ant build.xml
> > for people to use in the distribution
> Good to hear.  Not everyone wants to use Maven.  Someone recently did a
> check and found that less than 15% of the Java projects use it.  The rest
> (85%+) all use Ant.
>         --- Noel

View raw message