felix-dev mailing list archives

From "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>
Subject Re: **SL-JUNK** Re: Mavenization
Date Fri, 26 Aug 2005 23:56:42 GMT
Alan D. Cabrera wrote:

> What is your opinion of Brett Porter's suggestion to merge the two
> jars?  That would certainly get rid of the kludgey circular dependency.

As I said in response to his message, I prefer to keep two JARs so that
it is easy to guage the size of the impl, but I not married to this.

Personally, I don't see the circular dependency as that big of a kludge.
Logically, they are distinct entities, but for pragmatic reasons they
must have some dependencies.

If this really causes difficulties for the build, however, it can
certainly be changed.

-> richard