felix-dev mailing list archives

From "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>
Subject Re: jar naming convention
Date Fri, 26 Aug 2005 14:20:10 GMT
Well, for the framework, I would prefer felix.jar for simplicity. I can
understand the desire to have the version in there and felix-1.0.0.jar
isn't so bad. I am not convinced that
org.apache.felix.framework-1.0.0.jar is so great. :-)

I guess I personify things too much...to me, felix.jar seems much more

-> richard

Enrique Rodriguez wrote:

> Hi, Felix list,
> I'd like to expand our naming convention discussion to the "next level
> down," namely to bundle jars and so I was wondering about a naming
> convention for bundles at Apache.  Apache jars have typically had a
> name like lucene-1.4.3.jar or commons-logging-1.0.4.jar.  And Eclipse
> names stuff in reverse FQCN, such as
> org.eclipse.core.runtime_3.1.0.jar, which I have personally gotten
> used to since it maps well to my projects and lines up nicely in
> folder listings.  I was wondering what pros and cons people had for
> the various conventions and if it was worth trying to figure something
> out here.  Just wanted to start a dialog.
> Enrique

View raw message