felix-dev mailing list archives

From "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>
Subject Re: kxml.jar
Date Fri, 26 Aug 2005 12:47:21 GMT
Martijn Dashorst wrote:

> If more people are -1 on M2 before it is final, I'd suggest using
> M1.0.2 (M1.1 is also still beta).

I don't see the point of switching to M1, only to switch to M2 later. I
have an Ant build file that works fine for the framework, so it seems
okay to keep that until M2 is closer to being ready. (Keep in mind that
I am only talking about the framework, not the build process for
everything else.) Things seem to be pretty fluid right now, so I would
rather let things settle down.

> Our distribution is maven agnostic, though: we give the source, the
> dependencies in a lib folder and a working ant build.xml for people to
> use in the distribution, and we also supply the maven files. This way
> we cater both worlds in the best possible way we can.

This is exactly what I was thinking we would do for framework releases.
Sounds great.

-> richard