felix-dev mailing list archives

From "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>
Subject Re: Felix SVN trunk root
Date Thu, 25 Aug 2005 23:19:41 GMT
Enrique Rodriguez wrote:

> My naming suggestions assumed people cared about the distinction
> between standard and non-standard bundles.  And by standard and
> non-standard/optional I was thinking relative to the R4 spec.  We need
> to make it clear to people who care about only implementing standards
> which bundles are R4 and which are Apache.  But, if doco is good
> enough for that then a single 'bundles' folder makes sense.  I don't
> care strongly about whether there's a distinction or not, just that in
> the case of having the distinction, the folder names should be
> descriptive of what that distinction is.  The ASF makes a similar
> distinction by putting ASF projects in the Incubator vs. TLP and we'll
> do something similar with the 'sandbox'.
>
> Again, I'm fine with a single 'bundles' folder if that distinction
> makes no sense.

It is not that the distinction makes no sense, because it does make
sense, I just think the distinction is not that important. If people
think that it is, that's fine with me, but I still don't think
'optional' works, since all bundles are optional. If we really want to
draw a distinction, we could use 'r4-bundles' and 'bundles' or the
original suggestion.

-> richard