felix-dev mailing list archives

From "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>
Subject Re: Felix SVN trunk root
Date Thu, 25 Aug 2005 22:31:15 GMT
Enrique Rodriguez wrote:

> I like this, so +1.
>
> It's not a showstopper, but since everything is bundles, having
> 'std-bundles' and 'bundles' next to framework is redundant and misses
> out on describing the intent.  Perhaps 'framework', 'standard', and
> 'optional'?

I don't have any issues with the overall structure, but I don't really
like std-bundles/bundles or standard/optional. Although if I had to
choose, I would choose the former, because the latter doesn't really
make sense since all bundles are optional, by definition.

I am not sure why we are drawing a major distinction between bundles
implementing standard services and bundles implementing non-standard
services...it seems not that important to me. Bundle documentation
should just say what standards if any it implement. What happens if
Apache starts defining "standard services"? Do those go in the
'std-bundles' or 'bundles' directory?

In my opinion, I think just a single 'bundle' directory makes sense.

-> richard