felix-dev mailing list archives

From Leo Simons <m...@leosimons.com>
Subject Re: Oscar renamed to Felix [Fwd: Re: [VOTE] Please pick a name for this project]
Date Wed, 17 Aug 2005 14:05:15 GMT
Alex Karasulu wrote:
> We have concluded on a vote to change the name of the oscar incubator
> podling to felix.

heh.

> Could we update the mailing list so
> oscar-dev@incubator.apache.org is felix-dev@incubator.apache.org.

Hopefully. Please create a jira issue.

>  Also
> it would be nice to have mail from the old list sent to the new list
> just in case people doing realize the name change has taken effect.

that's possible.

> Currently the subversion repository for the podling is hosted here:
>
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/oscar
>
> Could this be renamed to:
>
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/felix
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Alex
>
> P.S. If I have the right's for the svn folder rename then I can do it
> myself.

yep, or otherwise someone else from incubator could after the mailing
list change. That said I just did a

[lsimons@giraffe]$ svn move -m "Moving oscar to felix at request of Alex
Karasulu." https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/oscar
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/felix

and updated the svn config so e-mails go to oscar-cvs for now.

You should CC the relevant PMC when making requests like this so we know
there's accountability.

cheers!

Leo