felix-dev mailing list archives

From "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>
Subject Re: Wicket and Oscar
Date Tue, 16 Aug 2005 01:53:25 GMT
This sounds like a tricky situation. The difficulty here is that we
cannot have two entities thinking they are in control of class loading.

I am not familiar with Wicket at all. I am confused about
deserialization. Are the objects being serialized from bundles? If so,
how does Wicket find the classes in the first place? Are the
deserialized classes also [or only] on the class path?

Is there any hook for extending Wicket to use a different class loader
when deserializing?

Is it possible to somehow make serialization/deserialization a process
control through a bundle/service, so that everything occurs inside of
Oscar as opposed to the mix and match approach currently being used?

-> richard