felix-dev mailing list archives

From Enrique Rodriguez <enriqu...@gmail.com>
Subject [Fwd: Please rate ApacheCon talks]
Date Wed, 10 Aug 2005 00:53:02 GMT
Hi, Apache committers on the OSGi/Felix/Oscar/Fish list,

I have submitted an abstract for ApacheCon US 2005 on how we are using
OSGi over on the Apache Directory project.  I see a couple talks on
OSGi/Eclipse and a BoF for OSGi.  I would appreciate it if committers
would take a moment to review my abstract and those of the other
OSGi-related talks and vote for the talks if you think they are a good
idea.  I have attached the original email which discusses the voting
site (http://ApacheCon.com/) and process.

My talk:
2005/US SD1503 Apache Directory and the OSGi Service Platform

Enrique

P.S.  I have 2 other talks on Kerberos listed, too.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Please rate ApacheCon talks
Date: Tue, 09 Aug 2005 16:05:54 -0400
From: Rich Bowen <rbowen@rcbowen.com>
To: committers@apache.org

We'd like to ask for your help as we choose the talks that will appear
at the upcoming ApacheCon US 2005 in San Diego. All you need to do is
log in to the ApacheCon site and click on the "Rate the session
proposals" link.

We ask that you 1) not vote on your own submissions and 2) restrict
yourself to talks that you know whether the proposal sounds like a good one.

The goal of this exercise is to eliminate the talks that are absolutely
not wanted, and identify the "must have" talks. Remember that those of
us choosing the talks probably don't know anything about your particular
favorite project, and so will choose the wrong talks. By participating
in this process, you ensure that the best possible talks are chosen, and
that your project is well represented.

Note also that if you start looking immediately, you have a chance to
say, "Hey, my favorite project has no talks submitted. I should submit
one, or tell Whatsisname to submit one." This, also, ensures that your
project is well represented.

Thanks much for your participation, which will make ApacheCon US 2005
our most successful conference yet.

--
Rich, for the ApacheCon planners.
http://ApacheCon.com/