felix-dev mailing list archives

From francesco furfari <francesco.furf...@isti.cnr.it>
Subject Re: What about Felix for the name?
Date Mon, 08 Aug 2005 12:09:32 GMT
I like very much the metaphor behind ASSOS
not the same for troy, etc...  (it's also a bad word in italy)

What do you think about OSIRIS for the name?

This is also the name used by ITEA project OSIRIS:
"Open Source Infrastructure for Runtime Integration of Services"
but Jesus Bermejo (project leader) is among the supporters of the
incubation, and the project is related to OSGi ...

it sounds similar to OSCAR and it is short
you can use a styled logo
it has a mythological origin
  Egyptian god of Death :) but in his miracolous rebirth he symbolized
the periodic flooding of the Nile the growth of the grain

another similar option could be PHOENIX (benu egyptian):

  another symbol of the resurrection to a new life, of immortality, and
of life-after-death
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phoenix

-francesco