felix-dev mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: JIRA Components
Date Tue, 23 Aug 2005 17:02:07 GMT
On Tuesday 23 August 2005 23:47, Richard S. Hall wrote:
> I guess this is a question of to what does the name "Felix" refer?
>
> My assumption is that Felix itself refers to the container, i.e., the
> framewor

Felix is first and foremost the "community name". As it will receive
felix.apache.org when it graduates.

Secondly, but more common to the wider public, is the "Product".

Richard suggests that "Felix == The OSGi container of the Felix project."
which makes perfect sense to me.

Assuming that the scope of "the Felix community" is beyond the container, and
also includes bundles for various purposes, those _should not_ be Felix
specific, hence possibly detached from the Felix name for technical reasons,
but associated with "the Felix community" for social reasons.

Tricky this one.

Personally, I think I lean towards Richard's definition of the "Felix Product"
and have a "FeLib" (just kidding) of bundles under one or more umbrella
names, with mostly descriptive names.

Cheers
Niclas