felix-dev mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: Oscar, please meet Eclipse
Date Fri, 05 Aug 2005 16:37:18 GMT
On Friday 05 August 2005 17:41, Marcel Offermans wrote:
>  I've looked at the link you provided, I've tried
> searching the whole Eclipse site, I've tried searching the Eclipse 3.1 help
> files, but I cannot find any API documentation on the EclipseStarter class
> which I need to launch the framework. I want to configure it to start some
> bundles from code.

Yes, this is indeed the weakest point in the Eclipse OSGi offering.

Even when I know it is there, and actively trying to get to it, it eludes me.
I think some of that is due to the "global" aspect of the entire Eclipse
project, which sometimes is really good, and like now can bite back pretty
nasty.

Cheers
Niclas