felix-dev mailing list archives

From "Bennett, Timothy (JIS - Applications)" <TimothyBenn...@jis.nashville.org>
Subject Maven-2 OSGi plugin
Date Fri, 22 Jul 2005 20:56:02 GMT
Hi all,

After some discussions with Alex, I started to create a new
maven-osgi-plugin for the Maven-2 platform to facilitate creating OSGi
bundle jars with M2.  I've got the first rudimentary goal in place which
simply takes a manifest.mf file co-located with the activator class and
merges in with Maven2's jar manifest.

There's certainly more to goals to come, but I've tackled the hard part,
and that's actually getting a maven-2 plugin working.  This has also
required making modifications to the maven2 codebase, because their
manifest configuration is not very robust.  More changes to Maven2 are
going to be required moving forward, but Brett Porter indicates that he
welcomes my contributions.

Anyway, if anyone is interested, maybe we can get what I have so far
into SVN, and I can continue to grow the plugin's functionality.

WDYT?

Regards,
Timothy
tbennett@apache.org