felix-dev mailing list archives

From "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>
Subject Re: Oscar profile directory
Date Thu, 28 Jul 2005 20:14:55 GMT
Marcel Offermans wrote:

>Can Oscar detect if a profile was for 1.x or for 2.x? If so then profiles for
>different versions could happily live in the same profile directory. Old
>profiles could simply be ignored by the new version and the other way round.

Yes, it can and I have done this in the past. This is not really the
issue here, since the profiles themselves are actually unchanged. The
only thing that has changed is that Oscar 2.0 can support bundles with
R4-like features, thus the bundles inside such a profile will not run on
an R3 framework. However, Oscar 2.0 could easily install the Oscar 1.0.x
profiles/bundles, so even if we use separate directories, the user is
free to copy profiles from 1.0.x to 2.0, just not the other way around.

-> richard