felix-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [proposal] Oscar OSGi Project
Date Thu, 28 Jul 2005 08:03:48 GMT
Enrique Rodriguez wrote:

> Sylvain Wallez wrote:
>
>> The problem here is that ObjectWeb is a non-profit organization that
>> hosts a large number of project, a bit like the ASF. It's not like an
>> independent group (log4j, spamassasin, ibatis, etc) with a single
>> project that moves to the ASF for the community and legal oversight
>> it provides.
>

> You can also say that "SourceForge is a non-profit organization that
> hosts a large number of projects" and that "Oscar is an independent
> group with a single project that moves to the ASF for the community and
> legal oversight it provides."  In the close to 1 year that I've been
> working with Oscar, I never got the impression that the Oscar-ObjectWeb
> relationship was anything more than infrastructure.

Hmm... comparing ObjectWeb and SourceForge isn't really fair!

Note that I'm in no way affiliated to ObjectWeb, but I happen to know a
few people there and they raised some issues when I mentioned the new
Oscar ASF project on my blog (see comments in [1]) and during private
discussions.

Now if they really have a problem with what's happening, it's up to them
to react. So let's move on!

Sylvain

[1] http://www.anyware-tech.com/blogs/sylvain/archives/000204.html