felix-dev mailing list archives

From Enrique Rodriguez <enriqu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [proposal] Oscar OSGi Project
Date Wed, 27 Jul 2005 17:49:53 GMT
Sylvain Wallez wrote:
> The problem here is that ObjectWeb is a non-profit organization that
> hosts a large number of project, a bit like the ASF. It's not like an
> independent group (log4j, spamassasin, ibatis, etc) with a single
> project that moves to the ASF for the community and legal oversight it
> provides.

You can also say that "SourceForge is a non-profit organization that
hosts a large number of projects" and that "Oscar is an independent
group with a single project that moves to the ASF for the community and
legal oversight it provides."  In the close to 1 year that I've been
working with Oscar, I never got the impression that the Oscar-ObjectWeb
relationship was anything more than infrastructure.

Enrique