felix-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [proposal] Oscar OSGi Project
Date Wed, 27 Jul 2005 17:19:59 GMT
Niclas Hedhman wrote:

>On Wednesday 27 July 2005 02:04, Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
>>Le 26 juil. 05, à 17:52, Richard S. Hall a écrit :
>>>...In the end, I think it serves people less to have a new project
>>>with unclear history and a dead project called Oscar, than to just
>>>have a single project called Oscar....
>>Agreed, saying "Oscar 1 was hosted at ObjectWeb and newer releases are
>>hosted at the ASF" is clear enough IMHO.
>Hasn't there been similar transfers in the past. IIRC, Log4J was Log4J long
>time before it got to ASF.

The problem here is that ObjectWeb is a non-profit organization that
hosts a large number of project, a bit like the ASF. It's not like an
independent group (log4j, spamassasin, ibatis, etc) with a single
project that moves to the ASF for the community and legal oversight it

So they feel like being robbed. That's the whole point.