felix-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <aok...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: [proposal] Oscar OSGi Project
Date Tue, 26 Jul 2005 16:42:16 GMT
Richard S. Hall wrote:

> J Aaron Farr wrote:
>
>> If that's the case, then a name change as Alex suggested may be in
>> order.  It will avoid this type of confusion.
>>

> But, from my perspective, it will just create another source of
> confusion, which is for the user community of Oscar and OSGi
> frameworks in general. I am more concerned with the users than the
> politics. In the end, I think it serves people less to have a new
> project with unclear history and a dead project called Oscar, than to
> just have a single project called Oscar.
>
> Regardless, we can change the name if that is the consensus.

I'm fine with the name.  I just don't want to deal with the politics.
If the amount of enery required to keep the name is overwhelming for
this community then I understand changing the name.  I think Richard is
right about maintaining continuity.  The Oscar name is the best way to
go.   Let's just leave it at that.

Alex