felix-dev mailing list archives

From "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>
Subject Re: [proposal] Oscar OSGi Project
Date Mon, 25 Jul 2005 15:31:04 GMT
I can't speak for everyone involved, but would have assumed that
everyone knew that Oscar was hosted on ObjectWeb. I cannot fully claim
to be aware of what should or should not go into a project proposal.

Further, the issue here isn't necessarily a "move" of Oscar as much as a
seeding with Oscar code. Out of my own interest in keeping the Oscar
legacy in tact, I would prefer to think of it as a move.

I am the only contributor to the Oscar core code. My work on Oscar long
pre-dates my involvement with ObjectWeb.

The main reason to start an Apache OSGi project is to further the
support of OSGi technology. Apache carries more weight than ObjectWeb
and this will be helpful in influencing the future, such as JSR 277.

-> richard