felix-dev mailing list archives

From "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>
Subject Re: [proposal] Oscar OSGi Project
Date Fri, 22 Jul 2005 20:29:48 GMT
Enrique Rodriguez wrote:

> I assume these will eventually be packaged and distributed by the OSGi
> Alliance.  In the mean time I don't mind maintaining them in the
> Apache Oscar repo.
>
> Does it make sense to have our own copy?  I figure we'll want to make
> them work in our build process(es).

I think we should have our own copies, because we will most likely want
to break them up and distribute them piecemeal any way. For example, we
don't want to include the entire osgi.jar file with the framework,
because most of the service definitions are not necessary. Likewise,
service implementations will likely only want to include their specific
service interfaces, not everything else. Having them in our repository
makes this stuff pretty easy just by selecting what you want to JAR up.

-> richard