felix-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [proposal] Oscar OSGi Project
Date Mon, 25 Jul 2005 18:22:47 GMT
Le 25 juil. 05, à 19:47, Richard S. Hall a écrit :

> ...My discussion with various Apache people led to my understanding
> that there was interest in starting an Apache OSGi project. I agreed
> to participate....

And there is indeed a *lot* of interest. The Cocoon team is looking at
OSGI very seriously, we have implemented some OSGI-based stuff already,
and for us the timing couldn't be better for an OSGI implementation to
come to the ASF, as our main concern was having to depend on an
"external" library.

Judging from several conversations last week at ApacheCon, I think many
of us are very thankful for your decision to continue here the work
that you started with Oscar. Some things might need clarification, but
I'm sure many people at the ASF are eager to see this moving forward.

If having more sponsoring members makes a difference, I'd be happy to
be added to the list.

-Bertrand