falcon-dev mailing list archives

From Pallavi Rao <pallavi....@inmobi.com>
Subject Fwd: JSON License and Apache Projects
Date Wed, 24 May 2017 06:23:28 GMT
See mail below from legal on JSON License being moved to Category X.

Falcon has no direct dependency on JSON Java Library
<https://mvnrepository.com/artifact/org.json/json> and we do NOT bundle it
either.

There is only an indirect compile time dependency in the examples module,
coming in via org.apache.spark:spark-hive_2.10. This I believe is fine.

Anything else we need to check for?

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Chris Mattmann <mattmann@apache.org>
Date: Tue, May 23, 2017 at 10:41 PM
Subject: Fwd: JSON License and Apache Projects
To: legal-discuss@apache.org

Dear PMCs@,

Hi! As the new Legal VP, I am reminding everyone that the
grandfather exception for the JSON License and Apache projects
ended last month. As sent by Jim (our prior Legal VP) the relevant
text is below and I want to highlight the following statement:

--
If you have been using it, and have done so in a *release*, AND there has
been NO pushback from your community/eco-system, you have a temporary

Thank you for your consideration and attention to this
matter.

Cheers,
Chris Mattmann, VP, Legal ASF