falcon-dev mailing list archives

From Balu Vellanki Bala <bvella...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release candidate RC2 of Apache Falcon 0.10
Date Fri, 05 Aug 2016 02:23:23 GMT
Hi Srikanth,

Thank you for helping with the licensing issues. Here are the issues I
found for files under falcon-ui. Please let me know if any of them are
invalid.

1. Multiple data (non-code) files like
./falcon-ui//app/config/loginData.json do not have Apache software license
headers.

2. To the best of my knowledge, the following files are contributed to
Falcon without a license header and can have apache software license.
./falcon-ui//app/css/styles/autocomplete-tags.less
./falcon-ui//app/js/lib/popover.js : this file seems to depend on
http://ngmodules.org/modules/nsPopover

3. The following files either have non apache software license, or seems
to be downloaded from github sources.

A) bootstrap, there is docs/license/bootstrap-LICENSE.txt but not
mentioned in LICENSE
B) entypo license must be added to the NOTICE file.
C) The following files are licensed under MIT. Some of them have MIT
headers, but must be listed under LICENSE
   - checklist-model.js :: https://github.com/vitalets/checklist-model
   - normalize.less,  ./falcon-ui/app/css/main.css :: git.io/normalize
   - animate.less and animate.css :: http://daneden.me/animate
   - ng-tags-input.js :: http://mbenford.github.io/ngTagsInput
   - bootstrap.notify.js :: https://github.com/mouse0270/bootstrap-growl
   - dust-full-2.0.0.min.js :: http://akdubya.github.com/dustjs
   - uirouter.min.js :: http://angular-ui.github.com/
   - jasmine.css ::
https://github.com/jasmine/jasmine/blob/master/MIT.LICENSE
D) The following files do not have headers OR non-standard licenses.
   - ng-mask.min.js ::
https://github.com/candreoliveira/ngMask/blob/master/LICENSE
   - jquery-1.11.1.min.js :: jQuery Foundation, Inc. | jquery.org/license
   - dagre.min.js :: https://github.com/cpettitt/dagre/blob/master/LICENSE
   - d3.min.js https://github.com/d3/d3/blob/master/LICENSE
   - responsive-utilities.less Seems to be part of bootstrap at
https://github.com/twbs/bootstrap/blob/master/less/responsive-utilities.les
s,  but header mentions a blog at
http://timkadlec.com/2012/10/ie10-snap-mode-and-responsive-design/
   - component-animations.less  seems to be part of bootstrap.
   - hide-text.less and print.less ::
https://github.com/h5bp/html5-boilerplate/
   - clearfix.less has license header with Source:
http://nicolasgallagher.com/micro-clearfix-hack/

Hope this helps speed up your patch. Thank you again Ajay and Srikanth for
the help and advice,
Balu Vellanki

On 8/4/16, 3:03 PM, "Srikanth Sundarrajan" <sriksun@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Have gone through the observations made by Ajay earlier in this thread
>and I think the observations are indeed valid and it is best to fix them
>and rerun the release.
>Normalize.css is bundled in the release and hence need to be included in
>the license explicitly (See:
>http://www.apache.org/dev/licensing-howto.html#bundled-vs-non-bundled)Enty
>po is CC BY SA 3.0 and need to be added to notice
>(http://www.apache.org/legal/resolved.html#cc-sa, ex:
>https://github.com/apache/incubator-freemarker-docgen/blob/master/src/main
>/org/freemarker/docgen/statics/fonts/NOTICE#L4)Angular JS is adequately
>covered and no further action need to be taken
>(https://code.angularjs.org/1.3.5/ includes all the files we have
>specifically included)checklist-model is licensed under MIT
>(https://github.com/vitalets/checklist-model) and this need to be added
>to LICENSE filepopover.js looks like contributed code and will require
>APL 2.0 license header.
>I can possibly help out with sorting this issue by filing a jira and
>uploading a patch with fixes. This should help us expedite the release
>process. Will have this ready by 8/5 IST evening.
>Special thanks to Ajay for taking time to review the release thoroughly
>and Balu for patiently working through this and ensuring a timely release.
>RegardsSrikanth Sundarrajan
>> From: praveen.adlakha@inmobi.com
>> Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2016 19:04:00 +0530
>> Subject: Re: [VOTE] Release candidate RC2 of Apache Falcon 0.10