falcon-dev mailing list archives

From Balu Vellanki Bala <bvella...@hortonworks.com>
Subject [VOTE-OnHold] Release of Apache Falcon 0.10 RC1
Date Fri, 29 Jul 2016 21:07:48 GMT
Hi Team

During upgrade from Falcon-0.9 to Falcon-0.10, We found and filed the
following bug https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FALCON-2104 in Falcon.
This is caused by upgrading titan jars used by Falcon for managing GraphDB
(required by : FALCON-1333 Instance Search feature). I propose the
following solution

Provide an upgrade tool that does the following

* Use 0.4.2 version of titan-berkeleyje-jre6 to read the berkeleyDB based
graphDB and create a JSON file with all data.
* shutdown falcon-0.9, upgrade Falcon.
* use 0.5.4 version of titan-berkeleyje to read JSON file and repopulate
berkeleyDB based graphDB.
* restart falcon-0.10

Please comment if you have any suggestions or feedback. Until we have the
tool ready, please hold-off on validation of RC1

Thanks
Balu Vellanki