falcon-dev mailing list archives

From Ajay Yadava <ajayyadavaa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Jenkins build failures for Apache Falcon
Date Fri, 22 Jul 2016 10:30:49 GMT
I am of the opinion that such tests are more suitable for regression. These
tests take lot of time and make running tests locally or debugging them a
huge pain. We built falcon-unit for such cases but adoption is very low and
even in that we have seen large time outs. Tests which have time outs of 10
seconds are not suitable for pre commit checks.

It also creates a bad entry barrier for new users / contributors to just
download the source and run all tests locally. We should probably schedule
a nightly / weekly build of regression and that will be more thorough and
helpful in such scenarios.

Regards
Ajay Yadava