falcon-dev mailing list archives

From Praveen Adlakha <praveen.adla...@inmobi.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release of Apache Falcon 0.10 RC0
Date Tue, 26 Jul 2016 10:57:41 GMT
Hi Everyone,

I did a build after removing my .m2 folder and building is failing on :

ExtensionManagerIT.testTrustedExtensionJob:120 NullPointer

Also Falcon-1858 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FALCON-1858> is a
backward incompatible as we have changed the default settings, we have not
mentioned it  in the release notes.

Thanks
Praveen

On Tue, Jul 26, 2016 at 5:40 AM, Venkat Ranganathan <
vranganathan@hortonworks.com> wrote:

> Sending Balu’s message as text so that the links are not mangled.
>
> Venkat
>
> On 7/25/16, 4:59 PM, "Balu Vellanki Bala" <bvellanki@hortonworks.com>
> wrote:
>
>     Hello Everyone,
>

>     This is the call for vote for the following RC to be released as
> official Apache Falcon 0.10 release. The source tar ball, signature and
> checksum files can be downloaded from
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/falcon/apache-falcon-0.10-sources/
>
>     You can find the signing key here :
> http://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=vindex&search=0xF743ABF42E887C76
>     You can find the KEYS file here:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/falcon/KEYS
>     To verify signature:
>     gpg --verify apache-falcon-0.10-sources.tar.gz.asc
> apache-falcon-0.10-sources.tar.gz
>
>     Git tag commit-id for the release : release-0.10-rc0
>
> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=falcon.git;a=commit;h=91dc204b60c0403d16899a44d43ce3e22e9c9960
>

>     We have closed around several JIRAs as part of this release, the
> details of which can be found here:
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?version=12334758&styleName=Html&projectId=12314429
>
>     Please find the release notes with brief explanation on key changes at
> JIRA https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FALCON-2098
>
>     This vote will remain open for at least 72 hours. Please vote on
> releasing this RC.
>     <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FALCON-2098>
>
>     [ ] +1 approve
>     [ ] +0 no opinion