falcon-dev mailing list archives

From Venkat Ranganathan <vranganat...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Apache Falcon 0.10 release - Cutting 0.10 branch on 16th May, 2016
Date Fri, 13 May 2016 23:42:40 GMT
Thanks Balu.   Sounds good.   Can I make one more request - Can we please create a separate
branch for new UI changes that have to do for some of the new features - we do see the need
to refactor and this means the two will have impact on regression suites etc.

That way we can have the UI features reviewed before getting into master branch.

Thanks

Venkat

On 5/13/16, 4:30 PM, "Balu Vellanki Bala" <bvellanki@hortonworks.com> wrote:

>Hello Falcon dev team,
>
>Here is the scope for Falcon 0.10 release as it stands today.
>
>  1.  Falcon server-side extensions
>  2.  HDFS snapshot based mirroring extension
>  3.  Falcon server safemode
>  4.  Hive table ingestion and export via Sqoop
>  5.  Instance search
>  6.  Add Hbase support for GraphDB backend
>  7.  Support for TDE encrypted dirs in Falcon mirroring extensions
>  8.  Spark integration (initial work)
>  9.  Integrate Falcon with Microsoft Azure Data Factory
>  10. Cluster entity update
>
>Let me know if there are any scope misses, creeps or concerns. Once the brach is cut,
all bug fixes should go into both 0.10 branch and trunk. All new features should strictly
go into trunk.