falcon-dev mailing list archives

From Ying Zheng <yzh...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] FALCON-1889 JMS user notification creates a topic per feed/process
Date Tue, 19 Apr 2016 22:54:17 GMT
Agree with Venky that creating one topic per entity is not scalable as the
total number of entities can grow large.
One suggestion: ActiveMQ provides JMS message selectors, so the user can
receive only messages whose headers and properties match the selector. If
we add entity name and tag in the message property, the user can use it to
filter the message based on name or tags with one consistent topic.

Cheers,
Ying