falcon-dev mailing list archives

From Pallavi Rao <pallavi....@inmobi.com>
Subject Re: Running 2 versions of Falcon on the same cluster/upgrade procedure
Date Fri, 19 Feb 2016 12:26:03 GMT
Mark,
We have been deploying Falcon on our Production systems by just doing stop,
upgrade, start. Haven't faced issues so far. In case of issues, rollback is
also as simple as stop, install older version, start.

We haven't really tested running 2 Falcon versions of Falcon Server
simultaneously on a single machine. If you do, there might be some
conflicts in terms of both instances trying to write to config store, HDFS
locations, etc.

Regards,
Pallavi

receipt.