falcon-dev mailing list archives

From pragya mittal <mittal.pragy...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Running 2 versions of Falcon on the same cluster/upgrade procedure
Date Fri, 19 Feb 2016 12:16:11 GMT
Hi Mark,

To maintain entities there you can configure the config-store property in
startup.properties:
# Location to store user entity configurations
*.config.store.uri=file://${falcon.home}/data/${falcon.app.type}-store

(I usually maintain a standard location to store entity configs and point
all my falcon to the same store)

After this it is pretty straight-forward. This is how you can migrate from
one falcon version to another :

1. Stop the old falcon instance. Install Falcon 0.9 on the same cluster as
the old one. Maintain the config-store property as defined above (in prism
as well as server)
2. Start falcon-0.9 and you should be able to list your entities. Consider
re-runing any failed/killed instances if required.

Note :
Two servers of falcon cannot co-exist in the same cluster as of now.

There is no documentation as of now. We will consider adding the same.

Thanks,
Pragya Mittal

On Fri, Feb 19, 2016 at 10:14 AM, Marek Wiewiorka <marek.wiewiorka@gmail.com