falcon-dev mailing list archives

From Marek Wiewiorka <marek.wiewio...@gmail.com>
Subject Running 2 versions of Falcon on the same cluster/upgrade procedure
Date Fri, 19 Feb 2016 10:14:08 GMT
Hi All - I've basically a question related to migration of entities between
Falcon versions.
I would like to upgrade Falcon from an old version to 0.9 by following such
an procedure:

1)Install Falcon 0.9 on the same cluster as the old one (and have them both
running at the same time)- 2 questions arise:
a)is it possible at all and if so what should be configured: ports,
anything else?
b)how to backup the existing entities definition?

2) test a few of the processes using the new Falcon
3)migrate all of the processes to the new Falcon
4)Decommission the old Falcon installation

Is there any document describing a migration procedure?
The most import question for me now is the first one - how to run temporary
2 falcon instances
on the same cluster for testing purposes? Is it safe?

Many thanks in advance for any hints.

Marek