falcon-dev mailing list archives

From Srikanth Sundarrajan <srik...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: falcon questions
Date Sat, 27 Feb 2016 03:40:22 GMT
Answers in line

> From: avinash.yeluri@gmail.com
> Subject: falcon questions
> Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2016 10:50:48 -0800
> To: dev@falcon.apache.org
>
> Hi Team,
>
> i have few question regarding apache falcon ,
>
> 1.Can we setup scheduling in apache falcon ( time based trigger like autosys , tidal)

Yes time based triggers are available if based on well defined frequency. An alpha version
of an alternate implementation of scheduler is now available in 0.9, which provides for more
richer scheduling semantics.

> 2.can we pass dynamic variables for example ( i have to import data using swoop every
day date)

Yes. You can pass dynamic variables. These can be derived from cluster properties, feed properties,
process properties and other runtime context.

> 3.Does Falcon supports all actions as Oozie

Yes. All actions are supported

> 4.what are the dependencies for apache falcon ( does hcatlog , ooze , should be running
)?

Oozie is a mandatory dependency. HCatalog is needed if you intend to use catalog based feeds.