falcon-dev mailing list archives

From "Choudhury, Iftekhar [USA]" <Choudhury_Iftek...@bah.com>
Subject Question about differences between Atlas and Falcon
Date Tue, 26 Jan 2016 15:02:50 GMT
Hi,

I am a Hadoop Architect for Booz Allen Hamilton and my company is looking at the data governance
tools that Hortonworks provides. I have done some research on Falcon and Atlas and I have
a question about these two tools. If Falcon can perform the data governance pretty well with
all its policies, monitoring tools, and lineage, what was the need to introduce Atlas? What
are the core differences between Atlas and Falcon? What is there in Atlas that Falcon couldn't
provide?

Thank you,
Iftekhar Choudhury

[Booz Allen Hamilton]