falcon-dev mailing list archives

From Ajay Yadav <ajayn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Question about differences between Atlas and Falcon
Date Wed, 27 Jan 2016 04:05:00 GMT
I am not an expert on Atlas  but if I were to answer it in one line then
Falcon is more focused on data, while atlas is more focus on metadata.

For example, Falcon will import a data from database, then replicate it,
process it and do retention on it. However if you would like to view that
your processed data was originated from this column from this table in the
database, then Falcon doesn't provide an easy way to do it. Atlas has other
features built on metadata, like, security and policy based on metadata
(tags etc.). Atlas may leverage falcon for some of these tasks like
enforcing policies, capturing metadata etc.

Hope it helps.