falcon-dev mailing list archives

From Ajay Yadava <ajayyad...@apache.org>
Subject Re: feed retention limit
Date Fri, 29 Jan 2016 09:39:34 GMT
Currently retention supports only delete action and there is no max limit
for retention on falcon server as far as I can recall. There was a plan to
support other actions but we have moved to the new lifecycle framework to
solve for those use cases and we will soon provide those capabilities also.
It should have thrown an error if you had chosen action as archive and
submitted the feed from command line, so that is a bug in my view. Ideally
UI validation should be same as backend validation, so that is also a bug
in my opinion. It will be very helpful if you can file a JIRA with these
details (and relevant cluster + feed entity definition).

for benefit of all users also) and most of developers are also subscribed
to the user mailing list.