falcon-dev mailing list archives

From Pallavi Rao <pallavi....@inmobi.com>
Subject Apache Falcon 0.9 release scope and plan
Date Mon, 30 Nov 2015 12:27:10 GMT
All,
In keeping with our commitment to make frequent releases and also
considering the upcoming holiday season, I propose the following timeline
for the 0.9 release:

   - Feature freeze (Any feature requiring dev. work beyond this date will
   not be considered for v0.9) : 31st Dec 2015
   - Code freeze (No bug fixes either unless it is a critical/blocker bug):
   8th Jan 2016
   - QA sign off : 14th Jan 2016
   - First Release candidate : 15th Jan 2016

Although the timelines are tentative, lets try and work towards these dates.

Scope (apart from minor enhancements and features):

   1. Native scheduler with time-based scheduling (If we can accommodate
   QA, will consider Data availability based too).
   2. Data import from database (via Scoop) as a lifecycle extension.
   3. Support for Effective time of entity update to be in the past.
   4. Instance Search capability.
   5. Process SLA monitoring ??

Anything else we can accommodate within these timelines? I will start
moving currently resolved (after 0.8) and patch available JIRAs to 0.8
branch shortly

Let me know your thoughts/inputs on the dates and the scope.

Thanks and regards,
Pallavi

receipt.