falcon-dev mailing list archives

From pragya mittal <mittal.pragy...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release of Apache Falcon 0.8 RC0
Date Thu, 12 Nov 2015 08:22:08 GMT
Verified
  * Signature OK
  * Build OK
  * Checksums OK

+1 non-binding

I have tested rollback feature in Falcon for 0.8 release. Scenarios that I
used for testing are :
(Old - 0.7, new - 0.8)

- Old Prism with new Servers
- Old Prism with old and new Servers
- New Prism with Old Servers.
- New Prism with Old and New Servers.

I used the following scenarios for compatibility testing:

Scheduled some process on old Falcon. Killed and suspended some jobs on it.
Updated the new Falcon with store pointing to old Falcon (Oozie restart
required for enabling notification service related to FALCON-1231). Tested
various entity and instance related operations :
Entity:
-List
-Dependency
-Definition
-Suspend
-Resume
-Update
-Touch

Instance :
-Status
-List
-Rerun/Force rerun
-Killed
-Suspend/Resume
-Logs
-Params
-Summary
-Running

NOTE : Tested everything with Oozie uber-mode enabled.

Regards
Pragya Mittal