falcon-dev mailing list archives

From Venkat Ranganathan <vranganat...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Oozie uber mode and other modes of running the software
Date Sat, 24 Oct 2015 15:50:06 GMT
FALCON-1551 was interesting for two reasons - that we are still caught by the FS caching issue
(this should have been dealt by most of the projects one time or another), but the use of
Oozie uber mode - I am wondering if we have done uber mode testing generally - Is this the
mode that is used in your environments – It makes sense when thousands of Oozie jobs are
run – saving one container.   I would like to understand more about your experience with
uber mode if you have – may be in the next Falcon sync up.

 I think we have create a list of modes that we expect the product to run before we introduce
changes generally – Given that there are different sets of execution modes that we want
to test.   Please add more on the scenarios that I am most likely missing.   Let us discuss
this also if we have time.

  1.  Security (Kerberos and Wire encryption)
  2.  NN HA/RM HA
  3.  Oozie HA
  4.  Oozie ubermode for launcher job
  5.  Multi cluster with prism
  6.  Multi cluster managed with Oozie (with single Falcon instance)
  7.  Hadoop/Hive/Oozie versions and the implications (S3 and Azure blob storage went out
of hadoop-common in 2.6.0+ and the implications).

Thanks

Venkat