falcon-dev mailing list archives

From Pallavi Rao <pallavi....@inmobi.com>
Subject Re: Support for Oozie coordinator properties upon scheduling
Date Wed, 28 Oct 2015 11:34:06 GMT
Daniel,
Are you saying that you want to supply properties (during schedule) over
and above the ones that you have already defined in the Entity
specification? If so, with FALCON-1434, we kind of opened up the schedule
API to accept properties. These properties were intended for future use
such as supplying scheduling instructions and can be used to pass along
properties to Oozie. We haven't nailed down the details yet.

Also, we were planning to introduce properties support at a global level
with provisions to override during entity submit/schedule. Again, we
haven't nailed down the details.  Plan to start work on this in a couple
of weeks time. In the meanwhile, please free to raise a JIRA and submit
your patch. We might be able to absorb the patch as-is or might need to
hold off till we have our "properties support" story clear.

Thanks and regards,
Pallavi

On Wed, Oct 28, 2015 at 4:34 PM, Daniel Del Castillo Perez <
ddelcastilloperez@hotels.com> wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> We are interested in the possibility of including a set of additional
> properties when scheduling entities (specifically jobs.) I've been looking
> through the code and I've seen some support for this has been introduced
> but the feature ins't implemented yet. I've browsed Jira looking for such
> ticket but I couldn't find it.
>
> I already have an implementation in my local repository which I have
> tested with one of my jobs. I'll be happy to contribute this code code if
> no one is working on this at the moment.
>
> Thank you.
>
> Regards,
> Daniel

receipt.