falcon-dev mailing list archives

From Balu Vellanki <bvella...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release of Apache Falcon 0.7 RC2
Date Tue, 08 Sep 2015 15:15:08 GMT
+1 (non-binding)

Build - ok
Checksums - ok
Signature - ok

Balu Vellanki

From: Ajay Yadava <ajaynsit@gmail.com<mailto:ajaynsit@gmail.com>>
Date: Thursday, September 3, 2015 at 9:14 AM
To: "dev@falcon.apache.org<mailto:dev@falcon.apache.org>" <dev@falcon.apache.org<mailto:dev@falcon.apache.org>>
Subject: [VOTE] Release of Apache Falcon 0.7 RC2

Hello everyone,

This is the call for vote for the following RC to be released as official Apache Falcon 0.7
release.

The source tar ball, signature and checksum files can be downloaded from:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/falcon/apache-falcon-0.7-sources/

You can find the KEYS file here:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/falcon/KEYS

To verify signature:
>gpg --verify apache-falcon-0.7-sources.tar.gz.asc apache-falcon-0.7-sources.tar.gz

Git commit-id for the tag  release-0.7-rc2:
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=falcon.git;a=commit;h=eeb229f29676ec286ff8c29758872ad6761cfc64

To verify signature on git tag
>git verify-tag release-0.7-rc2

We have closed more than 200 JIRAs as part of this release, the details of which can be found
here:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12314429&version=12329000

Please find attached the release document with brief explanation on key changes.
Since this vote is happening just before weekend, this vote will remain open for at least
120 hours. Please vote on releasing this RC.

[ ] +1 approve
[ ] +0 no opinion
[ ] -1 disapprove (and reason why)

+1 from my side

NOTE: This is the second release candidate for 0.7 vote but it's named as release-0.7-rc2
because some issues were found between creating tag release-0.7-rc0 and and calling for vote.
Instead of modifying that tag I created a new one. Sorry for the confusion.

Thanks
Ajay Yadava