falcon-dev mailing list archives

From Ajay Yadav <ajayn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: XSD versioning
Date Wed, 16 Sep 2015 02:42:33 GMT
Thanks for initiating this discussion Venkat, I was about to start the same
thread :)

Versioning is a great idea. I would like to add some more points to this
discussion.

   1. XSDs of all version need to be maintained, just bumping up the
   version alone is not sufficient.
   2. All the older xmls in the falcon code base need not be migrated to
   latest xsd version.
   3. Version changes should be clubbed across the falcon releases, i.e. if
   there are several changes in feed xsd between falcon 0.7 and falcon 0.8,
   feed xsd version should be bumped up only once.