falcon-dev mailing list archives

From Pallavi Rao <pallavi....@inmobi.com>
Subject Re: [Discuss] : Should a non-superuser be allowed to update ACL of feed or process entity
Date Tue, 15 Sep 2015 04:28:51 GMT
Agree that "user2" shouldn't be allowed to just update the entity and
change the ownership. All the more reason to have a separate Auth API,
rather than embed the ACL in the entity itself. Such issues can be handled
in a much cleaner way.

Regards,
Pallavi

On Tue, Sep 15, 2015 at 3:12 AM, Balu Vellanki <bvellanki@hortonworks.com>
wrote:

> Hi Team,
>
> Today, Feed/Process entities have ACL with owner and group. Support for
> permissions is not implemented yet. Any user who is the owner OR who
> belongs to the group can update/delete/suspend the entity.
>
> If two users "user1" and "user2" belong to same group "users" and the
> falcon entity ACL is <ACL owner="user1" group="users" permission="*"/>,
> then user2 can update the falcon entity and claim ownership of this entity.
> I believe that user2 should not be allowed to do so unless it is
> superuser.  Similar behavior is not allowed in HDFS.  Please comment if you
> disagree.
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FALCON-1340
>
> Thanks
> Balu Velalnki