falcon-dev mailing list archives

From Ajay Yadav <ajay.ya...@inmobi.com>
Subject Re: Scoping Apache Falcon 0.8 release
Date Thu, 17 Sep 2015 11:32:04 GMT
Hi Sowmya,

I have migrated all the issues that I committed in master to 0.8 and did a
quick check using CHANGES.txt to see if all issues committed have been
moved to 0.8.
Depending on the feature freeze date, following are the major features I am
working on and would like to propose for 0.8.

   1. Feed lifecycle (FALCON-965)
   2. Feed SLA monitoring (FALCON-436)
   3. Process SLA monitoring (FALCON-1090)

Cheers
Ajay Yadava

On Tue, Sep 15, 2015 at 4:38 PM, Srikanth Sundarrajan <sriksun@hotmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi Sowmya, Thanks much for driving the next release for Falcon. I have
> created 0.8 version on the JIRA system and this should allow us to tag
> JIRAs with 0.8 if they are to be scoped in the upcoming release.
>
> Regards
> Srikanth Sundarrajan
>
> > Subject: Scoping Apache Falcon 0.8 release
> > From: sramesh@hortonworks.com
> > To: dev@falcon.apache.org
> > Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2015 01:21:09 +0000
> >
> > Hello everyone,
> >
> > We are planning to do another release of Apache Falcon around second
> week of October. I would like to invite everyone to help in freezing the
> scope of 0.8 release.
> > I have opened JIRA  https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FALCON-1450
> to cover the tasks under this release.
> >
> > We would like to include all or as many of "Patch Available" JIRA's as
> long as the they are ready to be committed shortly and don't move the
> release timeline.
> >
> > I request everybody to provide with suggestion for JIRA's to be added in
> scope for 0.8 release. We want to freeze the scope of release and cut
> branch for 0.8 before the weekend, so if you have any important JIRA
> > which you would want to be included in 0.8 then please let me know at
> the earliest.
> >
> > Feel free to comment on the JIRA if you have any comments/suggestions.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Sowmya Ramesh

receipt.